I have a new addition to my family...Puss in Boots aka Raine. I have had her now for about a month. She is so cute and loving but also so playful and terribly annoying. When I get home from work in the morning and went to sleep, all she wants to do is play and run around like a chihuahua on crack. I also have battle wounds up and down my arms from her "playful" scratches. One day I came home from work and found my entire bathroom torn apart. She had tried to climb the shower curtain and pulled the whole tension rod down. Then she decided to try and jump on the counter by jumping on the toilet paper only to have it unroll and tear to shreds. The other day I was talking to my mom on the phone. Raine was laying on the bed next to me. All of a sudden she looks towards the window and jumps from the bed to the windowsill. The distance is pretty far and I was surprised she could jump that far and actually make it. However I have a blanket there which made her landing a little slippery and she fell off the ledge, blanket and all. The neighbor kids adore her. They knock on the door asking if my kitten can come out and play. She is pretty dang cute despite her terrifying tricks and sharp claws and teeth.
This was one of her first days with me. She is definitely a cuddler. She slept behind the pillows on my couch in the corner for the first few nights. My big fat cat, Lightning did not like her at first. They have since grown to be friends, although they won't admit it. They play together when they think you can't see them but as soon as they notice you, they fight and run away. It is pretty entertaining.
This was the first day home. They just sat there and eyed each other. They both hissed and growled and Lightning thought Raine was to replace her or something. She became very territorial.
Raine likes to jump and play in my dirty clothes. She can often be found cuddled up asleep here.
The way she eats is really funny. She either reaches like this or jumps up on the food dishes and then grabs one piece of cat food and drops it on the floor. Then she jumps down and eats it off the floor. Weird but cute!




No comments:
Post a Comment