Parkinson Family
May 2010
Thursday, September 18, 2008
What does it mean to grow up?
I'm really quite frustrated right now. School is driving me crazy. I only have a couple weeks left and so I'm really winding down and starting finals and such very soon. As much as I am in love with the idea of me graduating soon, I am really not looking forward to it at the same time. That probably doesn't make any sense so let me try to explain. I don't know how much I'll particularly enjoy the change that comes with graduating. I like to keep busy and school has been helping with that for the past nearly 20 years. I'm not sure I'll like not going to school and just working the rest of my life. Now I can see more why my mother continues on with school. She just gets bored and wants to accomplish something bigger and greater than she's already done. Second, I don't know how much I like the idea of "growing up." Now I understand that I've been an adult now for a few years but it hasn't really set in until now. I'm still living at home, eating my mother's cooked meals, and not really having too much to pay for on my own. Now I'm wanting to move away, buy a new car, get my own apartment, cook my own meals, etc and that scares me. I'll be working full time and most of that money will go straight to bills. Who thought that idea up? I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to graduation after all. Those are my random thoughts at 4 AM. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment