Parkinson Family

Parkinson Family
May 2010

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Guardian Angel

As most of you know, a really good friend of mine passed away from breast cancer last year. It was one year ago today. Not only was Chris my boyfriend's mother but my boss, my friend, and my second mom. She and I grew really close during the few years I knew her. After her passing, I decided I wanted to help other families get through tough times by becoming a hospice nurse. Many people think I'm crazy. They think its too depressing to have so many people close to you die. But I think its the greatest blessing given to me. I absolutely love my job. The memories you share and the bonds you make with those families during the last few months of life are something I'll never forget. Last night I decided to write a poem in remembrance of Chris. If it doesn't make sense, its lack of sleep at 2 AM kicking in.

One year ago she left us
To return to heaven above
We didn’t really understand
But we could feel Christ’s love
We mourned the loss of our mother,
Our daughter and our friend
We believed in the plan of salvation
And knew this wasn’t the end
Her earth life was cut short
And we honor her this day
She’ll always be my guardian angel
And has been since one year ago today
We love you and miss you Chris!!

2 comments:

  1. made me sad...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great poem... Wow you mean he stayed out on his mission even after his mom passing away? How many 19 year olds could do that??? It makes you want to live each day to the fullest doesn't it. I bet he is a great missionary and she is probably watching over him...and you ;)

    ReplyDelete